Thursday, June 4, 2009

My baby Regan. My most serious child. He was very thoughtful, wise, and  selfless. Hated his car seat. Not my most patient child. He was my most whiny and easily upset boy.  I used to call him my "Eeyore" because he could be a little pessimistic.
One day we were out and about. He hated to go anywhere in the car and he hated shopping with me.
I told him that I needed to get a few things at Sam's Club. He started in with the whining and about in tears. I tried to let him know it would not take long but he continued to whine. I decided to try bribery and so I said, "Regan, if you will come in and not cry and be a good boy, I will buy you an ice cream cone on our way out." I saw the sadness leave his face for a fleeting moment but then it was back and he said in his sad voice, "It will probably just melt..." 
Oh what a cute baby.

No comments: